[FreeNX-kNX] Connections logging into wrong user desktop is for NX

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Thu Dec 18 23:53:13 UTC 2008

on., 17.12.2008 kl. 11.22 -0500, skrev Phill 2:
> I have had this happen to me twice. I am not sure what i did wrong.
> I have a centos server & I can use NX client for windows, to connect
> to 1 machine  at my home & it works fine. it connects as the user I
> type in.
> ON a seperate machine, running Centos & as far as I remember,
> configured the same as regards to installing nomachine.
> When I connect via NX client, it connects fine (Well I had to futz
> with my SSH config for it to work with just a key) But I am presented
> with a desktop for a user called NX.
> I get the same issue on a fedora 10 box.
> Let me know what logs I can give, or if this is even a no-machine
> issue but is instead an Xorg issue or something.

This was really weird and I haven't heard about something like this
before - are you sure the client (second one connecting) have the client
correctly configured?

Would be nice to see the logs for both the session(s) & clients and a
'nxserver --list' (mask out the IP's) when this happens.

> Also, On the fedora box even though I have this package:
> Package freenx-server-0.7.3-11.fc10.x86_64 already installed and
> latest version
> It cannot seem to find nxserver or any of the other executables that
> it should be able to use to check the NX config. The Centos box, does
> not do that. I have a feeling that is more a Fedora or RPM problem. I
> have removed the RPM & cleaned & re-installed it a few times. I am
> using default fedora Repo's.

Maybe wrong path config? compare to the CentOS installation.

Regards,
Terje