[FreeNX-kNX] Connections logging into wrong user desktop is for NX

Phill 2 phill at phillk.net
Wed Dec 17 16:22:24 UTC 2008

I have had this happen to me twice. I am not sure what i did wrong.
I have a centos server & I can use NX client for windows, to connect to 1
machine  at my home & it works fine. it connects as the user I type in.
ON a seperate machine, running Centos & as far as I remember, configured the
same as regards to installing nomachine.
When I connect via NX client, it connects fine (Well I had to futz with my
SSH config for it to work with just a key) But I am presented with a desktop
for a user called NX.
I get the same issue on a fedora 10 box.
Let me know what logs I can give, or if this is even a no-machine issue but
is instead an Xorg issue or something.

Also, On the fedora box even though I have this package:
Package freenx-server-0.7.3-11.fc10.x86_64 already installed and latest
version
It cannot seem to find nxserver or any of the other executables that it
should be able to use to check the NX config. The Centos box, does not do
that. I have a feeling that is more a Fedora or RPM problem. I have removed
the RPM & cleaned & re-installed it a few times. I am using default fedora
Repo's.