[FreeNX-kNX] Microsoft wireless keyboard problems

Brian Keener brikeener at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 17:23:36 UTC 2006

On 1/30/06, Terje Andersen <terander at guard.zapto.org> wrote:

> I use two different clients (one linux & one winxp) - both with a logitech
> wireless mouse/keyb, and haven't experienced any trouble with them.
> I haven't got any MS manufactured hw, but thought I could report on other
> wireless hw....
>
> /Terje

 I've had the same problem not with NX, but with Cygwin and XDMCP.

For whatever reason, the keyboard I have (MS Wireless Multimedia Keyboard
1.0a) spawns random HOME keypresses (as captured by xev) whenever you're
typing under some bizarre circumstances I've yet to fully determine.

What fixed it for me was to disable the homekey completely using xmodmap,
and re-map it to some other key (I remapped printscreen to be my home key
when using Cygwin.)

Brian K