[FreeNX-kNX] NX Client 1.4 for Mac OS X download

Roger Perttu roger.perttu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 22:20:44 UTC 2005

On Dec 14, 2005, at 12:31 PM, Fabio Rosati wrote:

> Roger Perttu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Anyone who knows where I can download Nomachines NX Client 1.4 for
>> Mac
>> OS X? I don't want the 1.5 version and all download links related
>> to 1.4
>> on Nomachines site seems to be broken.
>>
>> TIA
>> Roger P
>
> What links are you talking about? Are they something still referenced
> on the Web site or old mails from the archives? Let us know, so we can
> go on removing them.

Well, I had to work real hard to find them;-) and they didn't work so
I didn't keep a list...

http://www.nomachine.com/news_read.php?idnews=128
http://www.nomachine.com/news_read.php?idnews=134

> Registered customers can obtain all versions of NX software they wish.
I've considered buying a license just to support your work but not to
run on my server. I just had a look at your download page and I see
that you now have a Debian package supporting Ubuntu. I will buy a
license when I reinstall my server for the next version of Ubuntu.
> All the other users can only download the latest version, since we are
> not interested in dealing with old, outdated and possibly buggy
> versions
> of the client only to please some FreeNX users that are not interested
> in patching their servers.
That sounds a bit bitter!  I'm only using FreeNX because thats what I
tried first and it have worked without a single problem (I always
logout, never resume). Had there been some particular nuisance like
random freezes I would have looked elsewhere. I value predictability
so upgrading is not an option.

> /fabio

Thanks for the explanation. I'l guess I will be running xnest a
couple of months from my Mac.

/Roger P