[FreeNX-kNX] NX Client 1.4 for Mac OS X download

Fabio Rosati rosati at nomachine.com
Mon Dec 19 11:21:22 UTC 2005

Roger Perttu wrote:

> On Dec 14, 2005, at 12:31 PM, Fabio Rosati wrote:
>
>> Roger Perttu wrote:
>>
> Well, I had to work real hard to find them;-) and they didn't work so  I
> didn't keep a list...
>
> http://www.nomachine.com/news_read.php?idnews=128
> http://www.nomachine.com/news_read.php?idnews=134

See yourself: one of them is an announcement of an old development
snapshot. The fact FreeNX people based in the past their "stable"
releases on some development versions was one of the reasons why
we stopped making development versions available and now remove
any outdated version. Just look at how many mails were dedicated
to the "1_5_0_BACKEND" problems and you will understand why.

> That sounds a bit bitter!

It depends on what side you are. If you are on the side of those
who are supposed to "understand" if a bug is fixed or not by
"guessing" what version the user may be running, it is perfectly
fair.

> I value predictability so upgrading is not an option.

We value predictability as you do. In fact we want our users to
predictably download the latest version. Users who don't want to
do so can still keep their backups.

Regards,

> /Roger P

/fabio