Amarok quick-start guide

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 10:42:44 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Willem Ferguson
<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I have made the last updates of what I had in mind to this guide. There
> are some comments in red that I have left, requesting advice about
> technical details. If you would be prepared to give advice, I would
> appreciate it very much.
>
> A request: If you alter the text, would you please be prepared to
> highlight it in some way so that we can see it.

Sorry about that.

> A sensible approach would probably be to do the formatting in an
> existing form for documentation used by the KDE community. But I do not
> know of such a format.

We don't need to worry about that, unless one of us wants to learn to
do it. At the present time, I do not.

> The way that I see the way forward is:
> 1) Finalising of the content (not too far away,I hope!)
> 2) One (or more!!) of the developers or a technical person(s) checking
> to see that all the information is factually accurate.
> 3) Formatting conventions for finalising a doc that is technically
> consistent. I have no idea where to start with this.
> 4) Ways of integrating the List of Contents with the actual content.
> Creating active links??
>
> Kind regards,
> Willem Ferguson

You've got it. This is a busy weekend for me, and I urge everyone on
the list to take the time in the next few days to read through the
doc, and fix anything you think needs fixing, or at least bring it to
the list.

Next up, I'll ask the developers to look through the bits they are
most familiar with. And then off to the Docbook coders!

Valorie
--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .