Failing tests

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Oct 11 16:27:01 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, 11 October 2016 17:16:54 CEST Cedric Bonhomme (WORK) wrote:
> Hello,
> We are the students from the University of Bordeaux.
>
> We run the tests but had some failing.
>
> I have from 1 to 3 tests failing on my laptop (Thinkpad T520, i5-2520M
> sandybridge running Archlinux, kernel 4.4.24-1-lts, plasma desktop):
>
> ```
> 	97% tests passed, 2 tests failed out of 77
>
> 	Total Test time (real) = 284.50 sec
>
> 	The following tests FAILED:
> 	          1 - appstreamtest (Failed)

OK, that one is surprising and new... A change in extra-cmake-modules which
breaks the tests if you don't install first. Annoying... Added a patch in my
queue which should disable it so that will sort out once it's reviewed and
integrated. Please ignore this failure in the meantime.

> 	         74 - pageviewtest (Failed)
> ```

That one is a test using widgets, you should not use keyboard and mouse while
they run, it can make those fail. This one has a bit brittle though and fails
from time to time but that should be rare.

Do you have it failing often? Note you can run it on its own, just run the
corresponding binary from the build directory. You would get more information
on why it fails.

> Another laptop had 2 failing tests (Thinkpad X201, running on Linux Mint
> Sarah, kernel 4.4.0, Cinnamon desktop)
>
> ```
> 	97% tests passed, 2 tests failed out of 74
>
> 	Total Test time (real) =  78.10 sec
>
> 	The following tests FAILED:
> 		 19 - zanshin-akonadistoragetest (Failed)
> 	 	74 - zanshin-zanshin021migrationtest (Failed)
> ```

Those are the only two tests using akonadi server and akonaditest, so that
might be what is missing. Make sure akonaditest is properly installed and the
knut test resource too.

To get more information on those you can do something like:
make akonadistoragetest-run

This will run just the corresponding test and you will see the output.
Generally you can just run the binary, but those two are special hence the
specific make target.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net