[WikiToLearn] Communication channels

Gianluca Rigoletti gianluca.rigoletti at gmail.com
Sat May 21 15:03:26 UTC 2016

> I think that, more than forcing people to use meta for draft proposals, we

should do a better job at understanding and keeping ourselves up to date
> with
> who is doing what. Maybe blogposts? An aggregator? News channels?

Keeping it short, I want to suggest a practical example of what lead me to
propose my idea.

Speaking about the draft: I remember a document talking about bob, but my
memory is so short that I don't remember very well what was the point of
the document proposed. I need to dig into the mails to see where  it was
first proposed. I don't want to start over a discussion on that thread, I
just want to see what it was about. So, why can't I just keep track of
everything on meta and go there when I need it?

Speaking about the final docs: we have meta as a domain that keep track of
everything regarding WikiToLearn. What better place than keeping there all
the major changes? Doing like so I can easily go to check what are the
final conventions that the community has made, the latest updates on the
new features, even if I don't care about all the processes leading to that
results. I want see how Bob has come solved his problems? I want to see
what is the status of the ambassadors and the maintainership elections?
What if I want to check the decisions taken with Mozilla?
That's why I think post everything on meta is better: it keeps things
organized :-)

Regarding the figure of the maintainers I'm sure that they're here for
difficult decision and have a final words, but that's another point.

I also agree with you that we have to blog and announce on public channels
more frequently, but that's just another way to remind of the work that has
been done, not a way to keep things organized.

Hope to be clear enough,

Gianluca