[WikiToLearn] [Feature] New User Journey

Alessandro Tundo aletundo at wikitolearn.org
Sat May 21 14:55:20 UTC 2016

> We've kept focused on a new User and his first interaction with the website.
> We came up with a UX similar to github, where every user has its own
> page and can write his content on that page.
> [...]
> Try to see if
> everything is clear and discuss about the problem as the advantages of
> having a structure like this.

I really want to give life back to this thread because it's not yet
implemented and it's a crucial point to discuss on.

There are two main suggestions I want to share:

1) Specialize use cases
It's very useful to divide and specialize better the use cases. I
mean, I "see" at least two of them. There's one that is a new user
that want to create a new course and another one that's a new user
that want to edit something.

2) A new course as a whole process
Starting to write a new course could scare new users as you highlighted.
Use the personal page it's not bad but we could do better.
First of all we can imagine the use case "Create a new course" as a
whole driven process (using a modal for example) with a final recap.
At this stage you can ask to the user if he/she want to publish or not
and so on. Maybe we could store it in his/her UserPage if is not sure

What do you think about it?

Bye,

Alessandro