[WikiToLearn] Communication channels

Riccardo Gilardi riccardo.gilardi1996 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 20:20:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

>My idea is
>
> Open a ML thread for every decision we have to make
>
> Link the ML thread in the appropiate meta.wikitolearn.org page
>
> When we make a decision update the meta page with the decision

I like it: having an updated and easily readable document is much
better than our current workflow (based only on ML).

So far, our ML threads begin with documents of the report of some
meeting/sprint, but these docs are rather “static” - they aren’t
updated and most importantly, they aren’t often reported on meta
(where they could be read by any user).

> Push a notification for each new thread or decision on the news channel on
> telegram (and maybe make a newsletter about this kind of stuff)

+1, this would help users who are not subscribed to the ML to keep
updated, one way or another.

> Every decision must have its own thread on ml to be sure everyone have the
> opportunity to propose his idea.
> I think this is the best way of handling the decision process now.
>

> I’m starting with this mail because i think can improve our community.

I love this idea. I think this is a great way to openly inform
everyone about the state of progress of the decisions, about any topic
being discussed in the ML.

Bye,

Riccardo A G