[WikiToLearn] Disambiguation page for concurrent courses

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Wed May 11 13:56:06 UTC 2016

Hi all,

[CCing the general list as this has impacts on the general site structure]

while working with Daniele, Davide, Gianluca, Cristian and a few others on how
to organize the different courses version, we came up with the idea to link
all subjects to a "disambiguation" page, which contains references to the real
courses, whether they are collaborative (i.e. written natively on WikiToLearn)
or imported after a donation.

An example of the user journey is worth a thousand words:

Main Page -> Physics -> Quantum Mechanics -> Quantum Mechanics (collaborative
version)

note: all those pages are in the first level, not subpages.
When there is not a collaborative version of a certain course, the user is
invited to create one.

You can see a preliminary version of this in action here:
http://it.wikitolearn.org/Template:Disambigua

(the boilerplate text is in Italian, but it's for demonstration purposes only)

All the content would then be identified with the usual 3-level schematic, so:

Quantum Mechanics (collaborative version)/Harmonic Oscillator/Free Harmonic
oscillator

I think this provides a very efficient solution to hosting many competitive
version of the material.

Feedback?

Bye,
-Riccardo