[WikiToLearn] Fwd: [kde-community] Please participate in our survey for input on KDE's Mission

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Thu Jun 16 12:08:43 UTC 2016

Hi all,
an important survey to fill in :-)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org>
Date: 16 June 2016 at 12:02
Subject: [kde-community] Please participate in our survey for input on
KDE's Mission
To: informing about and discussing non-technical community topics <
kde-community at kde.org>, "List for Members of KDE e.V." <
kde-ev-membership at kde.org>, kde-devel at kde.org

Dear fellow KDE contributors,
as already hinted at in the article about KDE's Vision [1], the next step
in setting our path into the future is defining KDE's Mission statement.
Right after our Vision was published, a group of people started drafting a
Mission statement and discussing it on the kde-community mailing list.

While we agreed on most aspects of the Mission, it became obvious that on
some key issues, we just had quite different individual opinions. Even if
an individual opinion prevailed in our discussion, we would not know
whether that opinion was shared by the majority of the KDE community. This
is a problem, because especially in a volunteer-driven community where a
Mission cannot be enforced from the top down, it can only have a practical
effect if the majority of those doing the work agree with it. However it
became obvious that not that many KDE contributors both had the time and
were comfortable with contributing to the discussion on the mailing list.

Therefore, in order to still be able to find out what the majority of the
community considers the right approach towards our Vision, we set up an
online survey, hoping that this would make it easier for people to voice
their opinion in an easy, anonymous way. Since we always focus on our
users, we are also interested in the opinion of interested users, so we
opened up the survey for everyone.

So, please Participate in our survey:

http://survey.kde.org/index.php/858172/lang-en

It should not take more than 5-10 minutes and providing your input on what
KDE should do will help us move towards our Vision!

Thank you,
Thomas and the KDE Mission team

[1] https://dot.kde.org/2016/04/05/kde-presents-its-vision-future

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch שלום