[WikiToLearn] [Feature] New User Journey

Gianluca Rigoletti gianluca.rigoletti at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 13:23:46 UTC 2016

> Hello Gianluca,
>
> I just read the New User journey page and the idea is really awesome. I
> believe, it is a real important feature that needs to be added in
> WikiToLearn. Also, as Sofia mentioned, it would be great to add the feature
> (I know, it would be technically difficult) for the user to ask for the
> permission from another user whose page he/she wants to edit. And if, the
> user accepts the permission, he/she can edit it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think is the same thing as Sofia
described. She was talking about the possibility of having a copy of
the department's pages in the user's own page. So the user would edit
directly on his own page and then submit those changes in the main
parts. In this process I see more steps than the neccesary, this is
why I was saying it gets over complicated.

It's not really about the permission, because everyone share its
content, so if you write something I am free to edit it. I think
protected pages may be related just to meta domain where we wants to
keep our content secure from external threats (but it's not necessary
for now).

Just to give an example to show if I understand correctly what Sofia said:
I am watching http://en.wikitolearn.org/Physics_of_Atoms_and_Molecules.
Then I decide I want to edit the section "System of identical
particles". A button appears and this brings me to my user page where
I see a copy of that section, with all the chapters included. I edit
the section adding new chapters, modifying existing ones and so on.
When everything is ready I hit a button "submit" and I let the admin
or the tutors do the work to repost the page.
The problem I see is what happen if someone just wants to change few
words, correct typos, fix little math bugs etc.

Hope to have clarified a bit the situation :)

--
Gianluca