[WikiToLearn] Guidelines about linking external materlial

Alex L. alexl at openmailbox.org
Sun Oct 18 20:57:44 UTC 2015

Hi,
I thought we need to define some guidelines about linking external teaching
materials. The issue is: WikiToLearn has the purpose of making its own
material and not to be a collection of links. By the way we should admit that
there are a lot of educational material on the web, in particular videos, that
we could link inside WikiToLearn pages. So, here some guidelines I'd propose,
let's discuss about:

1) the linked external material should be a support to the W2L material: i.e.
a video hosted on YouTube that could help in learnig a subject expressed in a
W2L page;
2) avoid external documents such as pdf and try to develop "home made"
material as much as possible;
3) these are always guidelines and the final decision belong to human
judgement.

--
Alex Long | KDE Visual Design Group
email/xmpp: alexl at opmbx.org