[WikiToLearn Tech] Ubuntu fonts bug

Gianluca Rigoletti gianluca.rigoletti at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 11:40:06 UTC 2016

> Hey everyone!
> I'm writing to you about this issue:
> https://phabricator.kde.org/T1764
>
> The bug has been pointed out by Stephan and it seems that on certain
> ubuntu installation the font "Latin Modern Math" is broken. Some users
> see math on firefox with an exaggerate vspacing and others don't. This
> is probably related to their distro.
>
> What are your thoughts about solving the issue?
> On my side I can:

- Change the font family (but users need to be other amth fonts
installed, so it doesn't make sense)
- Write a guide on how to install the new Latin Modern font (it should
be writte for every kind of distro that has this problem)
- Force to download a font family with css (it may be slow if cache is
not stored).

Sorry but I made the mistake to submit the mail before completing it :)

Bye!

--
Gianluca