New git work flow idea

Cristian Baldi bld.cris.96 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 07:11:24 UTC 2016

Hello everyone

Yesterday a few members of the tech ML and me were discussing about a new
kind of git work flow we could adopt for future releases.

This is only an idea and we are open to any suggestion.

First of all the master branch of each git repo would be the staging
version of the repo. For example the one running on tuttorotto.eu /
WikiToLearn.vodka

Each time we want to develop a new version we branch master and commit  in
the new branch. Then once we want to release we merge to master.

If we want to release something really big that would span on a long period
of time and on more releases we create a separate branch and the developers
of that branch are required to keep it up to date with Master to make the
future merge without problems.

This is all I have we have though of. Let me know if you have any
suggestion or improvement or if you don't like it at all.

Have a good day.

Cristian