Task tracking

Gianluca Rigoletti gianluca.rigoletti at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 08:40:21 UTC 2016

Hey everyone,
I agree in every aspect Davide has written.
Regarding the need of docs, it is a very important tip that could help
us spare a lot of time. In my opinion
it could be easier if we have someone that wants to behave like a
"interface" between the tech guys and the
wtl users guys and that can check if the documentation is ok to
complete, readable etc.
Furthermore, I think we need phabricator not only for the tech team
and the improving communication,
but also for bug/issue tracking. For example, lots of people write on
telegram channel about bugs in the
layout of the site. If the bug is not tracked it is lost under the
huge amount of daily messages.
So, I will start considering to redirect people on phab when they
notice something to fix.
What do you think?

Gianluca

> I think this would be an improvement. One not I would like to add is that
> most of the conversations on the telegram channel (and probably the hangouts
> too) should end up being documented in some kind, so people don't have to
> read through all conversations that they weren't a part of.
>
> I think that the goal of the telegram channel/mailing list/hangouts should
> be to have discussions that will end up documented elsewhere, like
> phabricator if it seems appropriate.
> approiate
>
> -Russell
>

> On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 12:59 PM Davide Valsecchi
> <valsecchi.davide94 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Me and other developers noticed that we have to improve the communication
>> between developers doing so many different task in wikitolearn.
>>
>> We have already phabricator for task traking. I think that we should use
>> more this tool, keeping it updated and writing comment on tasks during the
>> work on them (if something notable is encountered).
>>
>> In my opinion looking phabricator's board, one should have a clear sight
>> on w2l development state.
>> I know that we use a lot telegram channel, and devs hangout are an
>> essential part of our coordination, but phabricator traking could be a big
>> improvement in the documentation of our work.
>>
>> If a task has a problem, we should comment on that and discuss the problem
>> there or on the mailing list (what's better in your opinion?), leaving
>> useful docs for newer developments and future ones.
>>
>> The mailing list should be used for general discuss about w2l development
>> (and task problems) and to announce important things, but I think that we
>> are on the right path here.
>>
>> What do you think about?
>>
>> Davide

Gianluca