Content referencing

Davide Valsecchi valsecchi.davide94 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 22:00:41 UTC 2016

Speaking with Riccardo, we have to carefully considerate if we want to
create global or "local" labels.

Global label would have a format like:  namespace/label.
Otherwise local label would be linked to the name of the page:
page_name/label.

The global alternative has the pro that it would be really useful for user,
who wouldn't have to remember the page name, but it would be against
mediawiki structure.
On the contrary local labels would be only a magic word for anchors, usable
by ocg, but would be more direct.

Personally I'm for global labels with strict rules for namespaces. Another
alternative could be using only the root page name.
For example if I have to link:   Mechanics/Newton/Force/equation1 we could
use label=Mechanics/equation1.

Davide