Features

Gianluca Rigoletti gianluca.rigoletti at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 19:36:04 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I have two suggestion about the mediawiki core development:

1.
We faced the problem of some people that wrote material on wtl without
knowing our policies (especially avoiding html/css code in wikitext)
and best practices. Probably this is related to the fact that we
haven't advised people enough.
So, I propose this little feature:
An alert that is shown every time a new page is created (if it
necessary even when the page is modified) saying to read the guide
lines before writing content. The alert should be non invasive and
dismissable. I'm thinking something about that
http://getbootstrap.com/components/#alerts

To implement it, we can choose at least two ways: one is using
mediawiki Hooks and the other
is searching for some mw extension already available.
I prefer the first one, so we don't need to clone other submodules,
but if we will get this feature a help is appreciated because I don't
really like mediawiki Hooks
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Hooks

2.
Luca proposed an alert to advise users when the site will be under
maintenance. This kind of feature can be easily implemented and
doesn't need much work.

Let me know what you think about it!

--
Gianluca