[WebKit-devel] Cleanups and future of playgound/libs/webkitkde

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sat Jan 23 19:43:21 CET 2010

On Saturday 23 January 2010 13:30:58 Urs Wolfer wrote:
> On Saturday 23 January 2010 18:17:07 Dawit A. wrote:
> > No objection, but rather a question and a suggestion. When are you
> > planning on moving the webkit part code into kdereview ? Before or after
> > KDE 4.4 release ? To me that determines when we should drop kdewebkit in
> > playground. We should not drop any of the components in playground until
> > all of them have been moved to their final destination...
>
> I agree. I will playground almost as it is now. Probably I will move things
>  to kdereview next weekend, but not sure yet. KWebKitPart in kdereview will
>  depend on kdelibs 4.4 though.

That is fine. KWebKitPart in kdereview SHOULD depend on kdelibs 4.4 just like
kdewebkit did when it was moved there. The only thing I wanted to avoid was
the premature removal of the stuff in playground. Once the webkit part is moved
into extragear from kdereview, then the playground stuff can and should be
completely removed.

> If you disagree, we can also do this step when KDE SC 4.4 final is out.
>  Just tell me what you prefer.

nope, no disagreement...