[WebKit-devel] Issues with current webkitpart

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 10:44:53 CET 2010

On Thursday 14 January 2010 19:31:42 Dawit A. wrote:
> It is not webkitpart that is broken... Rather it is the attempt to fix the
> problem you mentioned in your "PS" below that broke kdelibs/kdewebkit.
>
> I am unable to test the trunk or the 4.4 branch, but here is a patch that
> attempts to address your issue. Can you please test if the attached patch
> addresses your issues ? Can you also test if the following works correctly
> with the patch ?
>
> #1. Selecting a URL and middle clicking anywhere on a webpage causes
> navigation to the URL location from the selection clipboard.
>
> #2. If you do the same thing as #1, but the location where you clicked is
> an input widget (textarea, input, etc), then the text is simply pasted and
> no navigation takes place.
>
> #3. Middle clicking on the scroll bar does not cause url navigation when
> the selection clipboard contains a url.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Thursday 14 January 2010 11:38:18 David Faure wrote:
> > - Form widgets don't work (can't check a checkbox, can't click a submit
> >
> >  button etc.).
> >
> > - Typing into a textarea and selecting one letter makes every further
> >
> >  letter typed replace that one (the selection should be cleared, instead)
> >
> > - Maybe the same bug: many mouse release events seem to be eaten,
> > so webkit keeps doing things as if it was pressed: e.g. it selects text
> >
> >  while scrolling around, etc.
> >
> > Testcase for all these: bugs.kde.org ;)
> >
> > PS: thanks for the textarea-paste fix, that one was really annoying.

I did that fix and before committing it I did all these tests.
What is happening here...

> many mouse release events seem to be eaten,

..is probably just the fact that I removed also the
"QWebView::mouseReleaseEvent(event)" call :(
Sorry for this.

I'll try again adding just that, test with webkitpart, konqueror && rekonq
(just kdewebkit) and reply here about results.

Regards,
--
Andrea Diamantini, adjam

rekonq project