[WebKit-devel] Issues with current webkitpart

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Thu Jan 14 19:31:42 CET 2010

It is not webkitpart that is broken... Rather it is the attempt to fix the
problem you mentioned in your "PS" below that broke kdelibs/kdewebkit.

I am unable to test the trunk or the 4.4 branch, but here is a patch that
attempts to address your issue. Can you please test if the attached patch
addresses your issues ? Can you also test if the following works correctly
with the patch ?

#1. Selecting a URL and middle clicking anywhere on a webpage causes
navigation to the URL location from the selection clipboard.

#2. If you do the same thing as #1, but the location where you clicked is an
input widget (textarea, input, etc), then the text is simply pasted and no
navigation takes place.

#3. Middle clicking on the scroll bar does not cause url navigation when the
selection clipboard contains a url.

Thanks.