[WebKit-devel] kwebkitpart and konq-plugins dilemma...

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Feb 28 15:17:18 CET 2010

On Saturday 27 February 2010, Dawit A wrote:
> While attempting to go through and fix some of the Konqueror plugins to add
> support for kwebkitpart, I run into one dilemma I do not know how to fix.
>
> Unlike the khtml part, which is available by default, the kwebkitpart is
> optional and must be installed from extragear/base. For that reason some
> checks must be added to the plugins to detect the presence of kwebkitpart
> in order to add support for it.

Is kwebkit part a compile time dependency, i.e. do the plugins link against
it, or "just" a runtime dependency ? If the second would be the case, you
wouldn't have to check for it at all.

If the first is the case, you can check in the plugins whether kwebkit part is
being built too, something like
if(TARGET kwebkitpart)

Does this help ?

Alex