[WebKit-devel] KDE WebKit status update [Remix]

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Mon Oct 19 21:48:26 CEST 2009

On Sunday 18 October 2009 23:11:24 Dawit A. wrote:
> On Sunday 18 October 2009 12:57:28 Urs Wolfer wrote:
[...]
> > When do you think should we move kdewebkit into kdereview? IMHO it can be
> >  done soon.
>
> Well I have no object to that now that I went ahead and made the cookiejar
> implementation internal until it can be moved to the proper location. The
>  only question is by "move" do you mean "copy" to kdereview until its
>  approval into kdelibs ? Otherwise, that would mean one has to compile
>  stuff from both kdereview and playground to get webkitpart to work, no ?
>  In other words how should the transition going to be handled ?

My plan looks like this (chronically):
* Put your cookiejar / accessmanger changes into kdelibs.
* Copy webkitkde/kdewebkit into kdereview (I will probably do that next
weekend if your patch is in kdelibs at this time). Let the "old" version in
webkitkde, so it still builds without kdereview code; use the kdereview (later
kdelibs) version of kdewebkit if it can be found on the system. "Port" it in
kderview to match into kdelibs; i.e. all CMake script changes I have already
prepared and remove cookiejar stuff.
* Let do others on kde-core-devel review the code; will take about two weeks
IIRC.
* Move it afterward into kdelibs if there are no objections.
* When KDE 4.4 is out, remove the outdated copy of webkitkde/kdewebkit;
webkitkde will depend on kdelibs 4.4 at that point.

I hope I have not forgot anything important. Objections?

Bye
urs