[WebKit-devel] KDE Webkit status update...

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Oct 9 13:03:12 CEST 2009

On Friday 09 October 2009, Dawit A. wrote:
> The confusion I was attempting to solve cannot actually be solved by
> namespaces anyways. For example, KNetworkCookieJar is a re-implementation
>  of  QNetworkCookiejar which is part of Qt's Network module ; so where does
>  this class belong in kdelibs ? kio/kio ? kdecore/network ? in whatever
>  module kdewebkit goes ? Dunno but for now it will all be in kdeweb

The question is whether it's useful to other "users" than kdewebkit.
Overall I would say that KDE apps should use KIO, not KNetworkAccessManager,
so KNetworkCookieJar seems only useful for kdewebkit.

OTOH, KNetworkAccessManager was already put in KIO (for lack of a kdewebkit
lib in kdelibs at that time), so it makes senseto put the cookiejar that goes
with it, together with it.

And I assume KNetworkAccessManager was put into KIO because there -are-
other users for it?