[WebKit-devel] KWebWallet implementation committed...

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Sun Nov 29 13:48:37 CET 2009

On Tuesday 24 November 2009 08:25:37 Dawit A. wrote:
> I have comitted an implementation of KWebWallet that is mostly complete. It
> took longer than I had hoped for because of issues I encountered along the
> way, but I am finally done for the most part and the code is ready for
>  review. Please note that the code has not been merged into
>  kdelibs/kdewebkit until I completely finish this support and is ready for
>  end user testing. Anyhow, here is a basic run down of things as they stand
>  now:
>
> # 1. KWebWallet will only support async calls to both save and restore form
> data. I have abondened sync calls because it causes more trouble than I
>  like to get into here, but feel free to ask me if interested. To make a
>  long story short I will not implement such support.
>
> #2. KWebWallet was designed such the backend storage (KWallet) can be
>  replaced by inheriting and implemeting 3 member functions as it stands
>  now. I will add more documentation about this at some point before the API
>  is sucked into kdelibs and prepared for 4.4 release. Anyhow, this
>  requirement might make the code seem a little bit convolute ; if so please
>  suggest ways you want to see it improved.
>
> #3. Parsing form data was implemented by looking at how it is done in Arora
> and works with Qt 4.5. IOW, it does not require the new QWebElement classes
> available in Qt 4.6 ; so once I finish the frontend, hopefully before the
>  end of the week, it can be tested with the current KDE 4.3.x release. Note
>  that the code that parses forms is in its own function so it can easily be
>  transitioned to use the Qt 4.6 provided classes in the future.
>
> #4. As with all other KDE integration code, KWebWallet is enabled by
>  default in KWebPage. This can be disabled by calling
>  KWebPage::setWallet(0). In which case wallet integration is completely
>  disabled...
>
> #5. Until the GUI front end in the kwebkitpart can be provided, the code in
> KWebPage that calls saveFormData(...) is disabled for now.
>
> Please look over the API and provide feedback with choice on
>  public/protected member function names. Specifically I have changed
>  resotreFormData to fillFormData since I last posted the API for review.

I have done a short review and things look good to me.

One thing I'm not really sure about is the ussage of Qt resources stuff
(qt4_add_resources). I thought KDE would use KStandardDirs for such stuff, but
I think it won't hurt in this case. So if there are no further objections, let
it as it is.

Bye
urs