[WebKit-devel] Flash workaround

Michael Howell mhowell123 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 21:31:52 CET 2009

On Saturday 14 March 2009 11:34:08 Jakub Stachowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently plugin factory contains workaround for flash (returning QWebView
> instead of 0). What bug does it exactly works around?
> If it is video player embedded from youtube showing just controls but no
> video (testcase: http://www.webscription.net/s-108-david-weber.aspx ) then
> attached patch contains alternative solution.
> The problem is that QNetworkManager (and maybe flash plugin) expects to
> handle redirects itself, but KIO internally fetches destination URL
> instead. The patch makes KNetworkReply emit finish()  and kill the KIO job
> upon redirect.
QtWebKit tries to use KWebPluginFactory for _all_ plug-in requests, even if
the actual plug-in was not advertised by KWebPluginFactory, but is supposed to
be used internally by QtWebKit's built-in Flash support.

I wish I knew how to pass the options to the new QWebView, which would fix
YouTube.

--
Michael Howell
mhowell123 at gmail.com