First Impressions on VisualEditor

Cristian Baldi bld.cris.96 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:26:09 UTC 2016

Hey Vincenzo,
Thanks for the reports
The tech team is aware of these issues and trying to find the best
solutions.

For your first issue we have something figured out and you can expect it in
the next weeks I guess. This problem is also reported by people who write
on Wikipedia and they suggest fix was to wait for the visual editor
developers to make the thing work. Since we can't wait for them we decided
to go this way:template content will be treated as normal text and you will
have to insert a StartTheorem and EndTheorem template instead of a single
Theorem template. This will allow you to write the content of the template
as normal text right inside visual editor,thus displaying math and rich
text. There will be guides and tutorials on this, I hope.

About the second issue we have been fighting with it for something like 5
months and still trying to find the best way out. There is not much I can
say about it, I haven't worked on it enough. We are also very stressed
about this since math is a pretty important feature.

Shouldn't we talk in Italian since this is the it mailing list? I don't
really care but some people might.

Cristian