questions about using umbrello

Mr. Morel Berenger berenger.morel at neutralite.org
Mon Sep 4 23:13:23 UTC 2017

> Le 4 sept. 2017 à 21:17, Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> a écrit :
>

>> Am 01.09.2017 um 12:51 schrieb Mr. Morel Berenger:
>> Hello.
>> I am trying to use umbrello at work, and have some questions about it's usability.
>>
>> I am using w7 (not a choice) with umbrello v2.20.90.
>> My goal is to use umbrello to reverse a hube codebase.
>>
>> My questions are:
>> * how does the "include subdirectories" work?
> Please
> 1. open a command shell
> 2. specify additional search pathes in the environment variable
> UMBRELLO_INCPATH
> 3. start umbrello

I see, I ll try that. But it seems a bit strange to add every single subdir by cmdline. Thanks for info anyway.

>> * how can I move all classes in a single diagram in one shot?
> For the latter you can copy and the mentioned
> classes and paste them into another diagram or you can duplicate a
> diagram with thcannot e "duplicate" entry in the the tree view context menu

I am speaking about putting all the classes found by reverse into a single diagram, considering the fact that they are in no diagram at that point (just reversed from a huge codebase).
If I understand correctly, neither of your hints address this?

>> * how can I avoid selecting relations (lines) when clicking on a class which is drawn _above_ the relation?
> With recent version, 2.23.1 lines in class diagrams are always behind
> classes, so there is no issues here. You should update to a more recent
> version.

I am using the last binary given for windows on official site. I ll double check if it the correct build.

> Regards
> Ralf

Thanks for your reply.
Berenger.