[Uml-user] Code generation questions

Huntress Gary B NPRI HuntressGB at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Tue Mar 22 05:17:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm a new user of Umbrello, and I've been making several simple class diagrams just to get familiar with the process.  I've done a generic "shape" class and derived "circle" and "triangle" classes.   I'm primarily interested in c++ code generation.  This seemed to go ok except for two issues:

1)  The code generator writes a .cpp and .h  file for each class as expected.  However, the class cannot be compiled (gcc -c shape.cpp  for example) because shape.cpp does not have a directive  #include "shape.h".   Is this default behavior?  I can see no code generation options to fix this.  I realize I can manually add the include but I'm sure that's not right.

2)  I wrote some test methods that have in/out parameters of int or double (typically).  In the generated code there was an include for #include "double.h" or #include "int.h".I was unable to find, or generate these datatype headers.  A simple "touch double.h" fixes that with an empty file, but again, that doesn't seem right.

I hope these comments make sense.  They're both pretty trivial and easy to work around but I doubt that it's what is intended.  Overall I'm very very impressed with Umbrello!

Regards,

Gary Huntress
Code 4113
Naval Undersea Warfare Center