[Uml-user] RfC: umbrello-plugin for KDevelop?

Sven Bauhan lists at sven.bauhan.name
Thu Feb 3 12:38:46 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have an idea that I want to bediscussed in this list:

I talked to a collegue about software development with UML. We came to the
conclusion that the main problem about uml-tools is that do not work together
with the IDE.
Some time ago I had the idea to edit the source code directly in umbrello,
which is restraintly possible in umbrello yet.
So why writing a new source code editor when we can use the one from
KDevelop!?

So umbrello could work as a plugin to KDevelop to combine design and
implementation. So changes that are done to the design (in a class diagram)
changes the code accordingly at once and vice versa. So design and
implementation does not diverge.

The design stored in XMI files will be part of the package and is version
controlled with it. So the according UML design to a specific software
version is directly accessible.

What do you think?

Sven