[Uml-user] Umbrello and Gnome

Rory McKinley rorym at nebula.co.za
Tue Aug 9 18:00:08 UTC 2005

Hello List

A very newbie question : I am testing SUSE 9.3, using Gnome as the
desktop and I have been trying to get Umbrello (1.4.2) to work. I
installed all the required dependencies and managed to get configure,
make and make install to run without any obvious error. To my mind, the
next step would be to find the executable and run it within gnome. And
that is where the problem starts:

If I read the make file correctly, the umbrello executable should have
ended up in /opt/kde3/bin. I do not se anything in that directory called
"umbrello" or "uml" and I have STFW fruitlessly in an attempt to
determine if the executable has a different name. I have pored over the
output of make install to no avail and am now officially stumped.

I suspect that I am doing something stupid and would be grateful if
somebody could point me inthe right direction.

Regards

Rory