[Uml-user] How best to Import STL classes?

amit pom2 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 5 00:01:16 UTC 2005

Hi

I'm trying to import container classes from the STL into UML 1.4 on SuSE 9.3 /
KDE 3.4.0.

The import dialog seems to want .h or hxx & similar but will allow me to
select (for example) "list" or "vector" include files on my system.
Unfortunately nothing pops up in the Model View to allow me to use the class.
This seems to be because the #include <vector> itself contains a load of
includes which is where the class definitions live.

I can get somewhere by importing the downstream files themselves but that
seems a touch long winded.   It also brings in a much fuller description of
the class than I need.  [Try adding stl_vector.h to see what I mean.  Adding
a vector to the diagram fills the page !]

The two choices I can see are

- make diagrams myself which include preferred detail level
- import the downstream files and delete or somehow hide the unwanted stuff

Have others found a neat way around this?