[Uml-user] Code generation in Python

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Apr 12 17:26:14 UTC 2005

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 10:09:46AM -0800, Jonathan Pennington wrote:
> This is great software, first of all. I'm using it extensively for
> development of a scientific modeling environment that is quite complex
> (http://pyarie.sourceforge.net/).

/me quietly adds to users page.

> The code generation for Python, however, seems to be a bit dodgy. For
> instance, I've got:

Not being a python user (and currently having a 2 month lag replying
to e-mails it seems) it's hard to know how to fix these.  The
behaviour you mention comes from the way datatypes are made in
Umbrello which isn't perfect, there ought to be some general types
which are translated by the code generators for each programming
language.  There is a bugzilla entry open for that.  If you want to
submit quick fixes for the Python generator as patches that would be
great.

Jonathan Riddell