[Uml-user] multiple users

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Apr 12 17:17:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 07:24:08PM +0000, Thomas Thompson wrote:

> Hello.  I've been using umbrello for some small projects, and have
> found it to be a very nice package.  I'd like to use it in a larger
> project, but in order to do so, I'd like to be able to devide the
> modeling work amongst several memebers of a team.  Is there a way to
> have concurrent development of a model in Umbrello?  Rose, for
> example, allows packages to be saved in their own category file so
> that modifications to that portion of the model can be done
> independently of the rest of the model which allows multiple team
> members to generate model content.  Thanks.

Currently this isn't possible with Umbrello.  The Rose way is
interesting but seems to me it would only work if you make sure to
keep parts of the model separate in separate packages, not sure what
the advantage is over just using separate models.  In the past people
have suggested using a database which would be very complex and would
bring its own problems.  So I'm not sure what the answer is.

Sorry not to be of much help

Jonathan Riddell