[Uml-user] arrange line of text and other objects

Paul Temple paul.temple at gmx.net
Mon Apr 11 12:50:23 UTC 2005

Hi umbrellos,

just installed the current version of umbrello and really like
it, it's nice to see the "create object" feature (sequence
diagrams) implemented in this version.

But I still got one problem with umbrello: When I create a line
of text, it's placed above all other object. But after saving
and reloading that xmi-file, the text is somewhere in the middle
of the "z axis": above some, but below some other objects. The
same is true for boxes and notes. How can I bring them to front
again?

And one UML feature I miss in sequence diagrams is the "loop" box
(actually I was trying to emulate the loop construct using boxes
and lines of text, when I ran into the aforementioned
problems...).
Is there someone already working on it? If not, how hard is it
for an umbrello code newbie to create such a new UMLCanvasObject
(if I don't misinterpret umbrello-class-diagram.png)? Do I also
have to care for the xmi-interpretation (which I don't know much
about...) of that new object?

Thanks in advance,
Paul