[Uml-user] Sequence diagram disappeared

James Hughes jhughes at chspr.ubc.ca
Thu May 13 11:43:05 UTC 2004

Hi,
This is definitely a bug of some sort, but I'm not sure how to report
it, as it happened 'behind my back', shall we say. I'm going to describe
it here a) to see if anyone has had a similar experience and b) to let
you know to be on the lookout for this. Losing a couple hours work is no
fun...

I spent some time yesterday creating a sequence diagram. It is now
nothing more than an item in the list view. The diagram is gone, where I
can't say. I save often, and I know this was saved before I left,
because I was adding methods to a class diagram while creating the
sequence diagram, and those are all still there. This morning I came in,
got the latest cvs, rebuilt umbrello, and restarted; that's when I
noticed the missing diagram. I tried backing out the changes to
class.cpp and operation.cpp that were committed yesterday, thinking they
might be culprits, but they're not.

I've poked around in the xmi file and there is a <listitem> element with
a label attribute for the diagram, but no corresponding <diagram>
element. So, am I screwed? (I'm guessing yes.) Any tips on how to avoid
this in the future?

James

--
James Hughes <jhughes at chspr.ubc.ca>
Centre for Health Services and Policy Research