[Uml-user] Using object from another View

Yuri Leikind y.leikind at sam-solutions.net
Wed Jun 30 10:44:01 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I have a Use Case with an actor called "Foo". Now I need to express the use case in a more precise way -
via a sequence diagram. Ok, but in Umbrello, sequence diagrams are placed in the Logical View,
and use cases are in Use Case View, and it seems like I cannot use items defined from the Use Case View
in  the Logical View. And there's no actor item in the logical view. Ok, I think, I will just create a new object
in my sequence diagram called "Foo". But, to my astonishment, I get an error dialog "That name is already being used".

So, my questions are:

1) Why are object from Use Case View cannot be used in diagrams in the Logical View?
2) If this is so, why not have a separate pool of objects for each view, for I am  not able to create an
object with the same name in another view?

--
Best regards,
Yuri Leikind