[Uml-user] Problems changing methods signatures

Andre Costa costa at tecgraf.puc-rio.br
Fri Jul 16 06:30:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

newbie question: whenever I want to change a method's signature (say,
by marking it as abstract), Umbrello complaints "another operation
exists with the same signature, either rename the operation or change
the parameter list". It is of course referring to the current method
signature, which is precisely what I am trying to change =)

Is there any way of effectively _changing_ a method signature aside from
having to create a new bogus method, remove the current one and then
change the new method signature back to the previous one?

It is actually more weird than this: if I add a parameter to a method
signature, umbrello complaints as above _but it apply the changes if I
cancel the operation_ (!)

Is this a known issue? Am I missing something?

TIA

Andre

BTW: I'm liking umbrello very much so far, thks for such a tool =)

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa
(costa at tecgraf.puc-rio.br)