[Uml-user] Plans for integration with xmi2code or other round trip generation?

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Tue Feb 24 23:16:03 UTC 2004

Chris Green <cmg at dok.org> [040225 07:11]:
> UML generate interfaces
> write some code
> Reverse Engineer code mapping it back to original UML
> Rename methods / add methods / etc in umbrello
> Generate code ( keeping the method implementations )

I think this is mostly possible for C++ and Java. You design your diagram,
add the code in the internal code editor, generate the files and so on. The
only thing not possible at the moment is, to alter the code outside of
Umbrello and merge the changes back.

> If umbrello is doing it's own round trip mechanism, it would be better
> for me to look there but if it's not in the plans, I should go look at
> creating a python generator for xmi2code.

You are right, there is no enhanced code generator for Python. But if you
like you can take the C++ and Java once and add a better Python generator.
First, I think, you should have a look at the C++ and Java generator to see,
if they fulfill your requirements.

Steinchen
--
Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation