[Uml-user] Plans for integration with xmi2code or other round trip generation?

Chris Green cmg at dok.org
Tue Feb 24 16:00:06 UTC 2004

Sebastian Stein <seb_stein at gmx.de> writes:

> What do you mean with incremental stepping? I think the Java and C++
> generator are pretty nice.

UML generate interfaces
write some code
Reverse Engineer code mapping it back to original UML
Rename methods / add methods / etc in umbrello
Generate code ( keeping the method implementations )

It seems the xmi2code name for that is Round Trip generation. I'm not
familiar with many UML tools so this may have another common name.

It seems like a good goal to have though so you can incrementally
redesign.  The current code generators seem to prompt to overwrite (
though admittedly, I've only used Python ).

I'm in the boat where xmi2code might be what I want but I'm a python
programmer in my current incarnation and am looking at what I can do
to make my life easier.

If umbrello is doing it's own round trip mechanism, it would be better
for me to look there but if it's not in the plans, I should go look at
creating a python generator for xmi2code.

Thanks for your time,
Chris
--
Chris Green <cmg at dok.org>