[Uml-user] Umbrello for Solaris

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Mon Mar 31 11:40:13 UTC 2003

Haim Cohen <haim.cohen at analog.com> [030331 21:26]:
> I have compiled lot of open source programs, and enjoyed them very much.
> Most the time it was easy, some of the times I had to hack Makefile/code a
> little.
> But this Umbrello took 2 days of my time to try compile, and I had to
> start design a large SW project. So time is money, and for this specific
> CASE tool needs, I guess I will buy commercial tool of some kind.
> Again - I am a big fan of open source, and I enjoy modify source code of
> open source.

Umbrello is shipped with KDE 3.2 and so there will be packages for Solaris
with the KDE release. At the moment we can not make a package, because as
developers we don't have access to Solaris. So if you really want Umbrello
on Solaris at the moment, you have to pay someone to make the package for
you or hope someone can contribute a package.

Steinchen
--
Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation