[Uml-user] beginner questions

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Jul 8 09:51:29 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 11:40:33PM +0200, Christoph Vogelbusch wrote:

> I just stared with umbrello and am very hapy there is not only a very
> good UML editor, but it also supports round-trip partially.

Well..only very partially :)

> My question is:
> - Is there a support for con-/destructors or do I treat them a functions?

Depending on the code generator these may be created for you, but
otherwise you should just create them like any other operation.

> My only problem so far:
> - I created several classes (all in one diagramm), then added one
> abstract with different childs (normal classes with a specialization
> arrow)).
> For some reason I don't get output-files for all the child classes when
> generating C++.

Code should be generated for all the classes in the model (you can see
them all on the left hand tree view).  Send us the diagram if you are
definatly having a problem.

> My wishlist:
> - Allow skaling and resizing of class boxes (wither word-wrap or cut
> off/scroller).

Coudl be tricky to do.  Why would you not just want it sized to the
text in the class widget?

> - allow one UML diagram for different languages. This means e.g. that
> variable with type "int[]" and name "array" is put out in C++ e.g. as
> "int array[]" and accordingly in the other languages.
> - restric the variable types to selected output language.
> - make autocompletion an option (I have a Class called "CharsParameter"
> now I can't write "char" anymore, insted I get a Large "Char" if i don't
> allow to complete ("del")).

autocompletion has been turned off in the CVS version.  Improved
variable types may come with the new code generation stuff.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jonathan Riddell