[Uml-user] beginner questions

Christoph Vogelbusch Christoph at VogelbuschNet.de
Mon Jul 7 14:38:12 UTC 2003

Hi,

I just stared with umbrello and am very hapy there is not only a very
good UML editor, but it also supports round-trip partially.

My question is:
- Is there a support for con-/destructors or do I treat them a functions?

My only problem so far:
- I created several classes (all in one diagramm), then added one
abstract with different childs (normal classes with a specialization
arrow)).
For some reason I don't get output-files for all the child classes when
generating C++.

My wishlist:
- Allow skaling and resizing of class boxes (wither word-wrap or cut
off/scroller).
- allow one UML diagram for different languages. This means e.g. that
variable with type "int[]" and name "array" is put out in C++ e.g. as
"int array[]" and accordingly in the other languages.
- restric the variable types to selected output language.
- make autocompletion an option (I have a Class called "CharsParameter"
now I can't write "char" anymore, insted I get a Large "Char" if i don't
allow to complete ("del")).

Many thanks for your great project

Greetings from germany
  Christoph Vogelbusch