[Uml-user] Umbrello

Wes Peters wes at softweyr.com
Sun Feb 23 09:19:06 UTC 2003

On Saturday 22 February 2003 04:42 am, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Wes Peters wrote:
> > The bento cluster is a bunch of machines used by the FreeBSD Ports
> > Manager to do constant "tinderbox" builds of all FreeBSD ports on
> > x86, Alpha, and SPARC64 machines.  I haven't checked which archs
> > umbrello builds on, probably just x86 at this point.  The machines
> > in the cluster attempt to build every port, log the results, and
> > start over.
> >
> > I'll find out what happens to the binary packages that are built
> > there and provide you with information on how to mirror them, as
> > soon as I check with the guys that really know this stuff.
>
> I can see it now at
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=umbrello&stype=all
> but there doesn't seem to be a maintainer other than
> demon at FreeBSD.org. Who should we contact to suggest they upgrade to
> 1.1.1?

You were right on target:

bash-2.05$ finger demon at freefall.freebsd.org
[freefall.freebsd.org]
Login: demon          			Name: Dmitry Sivachenko
Directory: /home/demon              	Shell: /bin/tcsh
Last login Sun Feb 23 00:21 (PST) on ttypo from mitya.mitya.sta

'demon' is a person, not a daemon.  I would suggest mailing him
directly.  The most recently built package is available from
bento.freebsd.org via HTTP, but I haven't found what is the easiest way
for you to mirror that yet.  I just need to ask the right person, don't
despair.

Wes Peters
Softweyr LLC
wes at softweyr.com