[Uml-user] Installation problem

peter p.willis at telus.net
Fri Feb 14 15:41:03 UTC 2003

Hello,

After reviewing the FAQ and pouring through the mail archives for this list
My problem remains unresolved.

FIRST: I installed umbrello using the RPM.
PROBLEM: the program flashes the splash screen and then crashes.
SYMPTOMS:
command line says

KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = umbrello path = <unknown> pid = 3009
Alarm clock

NEXT: I downloaded the source
PROCEDURE:

./configure --prefix /usr/lib/kde3
make
make install

PROBLEM: same as first time through

The documentation is not clear regarding what the environment variable KDEDIR
is supposed to be pointing at.

The documentation is not clear as to whether the environment variable is in
fact  'KDEDIR'   or  'KDEDIRS' .

ATTEMPT:  I added *BOTH* environment variables with the same path

KDEDIR=/usr/lib/kde3
export KDEDIR
KDEDIRS=$KDEDIR
export KDEDIRS

RESULT: no joy.

ATTEMPT: I added *ALL*  of the kde paths to the environment variables.

KDEDIR=$KDEDIR:/usr/bin:/usr/lib
export KDEDIR
KDEDIRS=$KDEDIR
export KDEDIRS

RESULT: no joy

So, what am I missing?
I am using RH7.3 and nothing complains during the build.

Thanks

Peter