[Uml-user] Reverse Engineering

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Dec 9 06:19:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 01:20:45PM +0000, David Ginger wrote:

> I did
> Code->Import Classes....
> selected all the *.java
>
> By Magic it has come up with 7 of the 11 classes in the side bar, (or
> navigator bar in the left hand of the screen).

Umbrello only import C++ classes (but it can sometimes work with Java classes).

> At college we have to use Rational Rose, were I would drag and drop onto the
> canvas, to build up the diagram, then carefully check for mistakes...

That's about what you'd do here.  Use a Generalisation to indicate
inheritance (extends) and a unidrectional association when a class
holds an instance to another and a normal assocaition for anything
else.  See the handbook (help menu or website) for documentation.

Jonathan Riddell