[Uml-user] UMI Question re: UMLAssocWidget tag

Mark Priest mpriest at ekosystems.com
Thu Apr 10 13:06:06 UTC 2003

Hi,

Can you please explain what the totalcounta, indexa, totalcountb, and indexb
attributes mean in the UMLAssocWidget tag?  This tag results from a state
transition between two states in a state diagram.  Here is an excerpt of the
XMI I am trying to interpret.

<UML:AssocWidget
  totalcounta="3"
  indexa="2"
  totalcountb="2"
  indexb="1"
  widgetbid="30"
  widgetaid="28"
  documentation=""
  type="514" >
<UML:FloatingTextWidget usesdiagramfillcolour="1" width="0"
usesdiagramusefillcolour="1" x="657" linecolour="none" y="401" operation=""
usesdiagramlinecolour="1" role="703" fillcolour="none" height="0"
usefillcolor="1" seqnum="" xmi.id="-1" text="state4-6choice" font="Nimbus
Sans l,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0" />
</UML:AssocWidget>

I believe the widgetaid and widgetbid refer to the xmi.id attributes of the
state objects connected by the transition.  I am trying to use the XMI as
input to some processing logic.

Thanks,
Mark