[Uml-user] Q: printing available?

Jens Krüger je.krueger at web.de
Wed Oct 16 05:02:03 UTC 2002

Am Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2002 13:12 schrieb Heiko Nardmann:
> On Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2002 12:50, you wrote:
> > Hi, Heiko
> >
> > Am Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2002 11:34 schrieb Heiko Nardmann:
> > > Hi!
> >
> > what version of umbrello do you use, the current CVS version or the tar
> > file from the download page?
>
> Version 1.1 from download page.
>
> > Can you send me your uml example for testing the printing feature with
> > respect of your example? Printing is implemented but not very well. An
> > empty sheet of paper I did not expect.
>
> It is really a simple example as you see.
>
> > Regards
> >
> > Jens
> >
> > > I just tried to print a small diagram. But all I got is an empty page
> > > with a footer with the diagram name inside.
> > >
> > > Where is the graphic? Is printing not yet implemented?

Ok, it looks like a printer problem. The printing system of KDE/Qt outputs
allways in a postscript format, so there should no differences in printing to
file or printer exist.
If your printer system does not support the printing of the postscript file
you may have some trouble. In this case try to print some graphics from
another KDE or Qt program. What kind of distribution do you use.

Jens