[Uml-user] Howto create an Association

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Sun Nov 24 11:57:03 UTC 2002

On Sunday 24 November 2002 20:28, Martin Stechert wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to create an association, but I've found no "new association"
> button or menu yet. I can create classes, attributes and operations.
> Am I doing something wrong?

for a "normal" association select the Association tool from the Work toolbar
(should be the second from bottom to top.. the one with a diagonal line and a
tool tip that says "association")

Click on one class and then click on the other class to complete the
association. (no draging: click and release, then click and release on the
other class)
with the right button you can get a context menu for the association, you can
edit there roles and multiplicity.

double clickin on the association creates "anchor" points so that you can
create paths that look nice. double clickin on the anchor points again makes
them dissapear.

for other types of associations (compositions, etc) is the same procedure,
just select the appropiate tool from the toolbar.

regards,

luis